The Mumbler

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I'm a trainer for Trimac Transportation, and I train drivers now and then. I trained full time for twenty years, and then I got burnt out and stopped. Mainly because our terminal manager, would not back me up as a trainer like you should! So I quit training for the company.


So for the last ten years I've been a backup trainer, just catching the overflow. But I still get a few drivers now and then to train. I had one yesterday, a large black man. Even though his stature was large, he spoke in a mumbling way.

He was a big guy, but every time he spoke to me he was looking down, or looking away, and never really spoke loud enough to hear. Just constantly mumbled, which made it hard to listen to him. I always had to say, "what," or "What did you say?"

The guy was a nice guy until the first day I did call him ignorant. That's kind of made him angry at me that first day. But he was ignorant of how to properly inspect a truck and trailer! I showed him how to do it right, but I just don't think he really cares too much. He is one of those drivers that will always be a "steering wheel holder."


A "steering wheel holder" is a truck driver who is unprofessional, doesn't care about his job,  and will always do it poorly. In the trucking industry, we have "professional drivers," and we have "steering wheel holders." This guy will always be a steering wheel holder!

Not that I didn't like him. I thought he was a nice guy and I enjoyed having him the next day. We eventually got along great. I can get along with anybody. But some people drive to be professionals, and some people just don't. That's just how life is sometimes.

Do you know of any unprofessional people in your profession? You can share it with us in the comments section. If you like the story, and want to read more, just click on the "follow" button at the top of the home page.

The Legend

 Roop-Crappell Ministries 

 Hospice Care and Life 

 The Bible and Life 

 Apostolic Theological Seminary 


Comments