Fine Afternoon

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had a load of bleach from Houston to San Antonio. Came in in the morning my big rig had dead batteries which wasn't a surprise since it sat for 2 days. They just put new batteries in it too! Anyway, they jumped it with the shop pickup. This has been going on for about 6 months now. They know about it.



Bob-tailed to DXI in Houston to pickup the morning customers trailer. They were just finishing the loading when I got there. Grabbed the paperwork and the loaded trailer and off I went. Nice ride to San Antonio and unloaded at United Water. While waiting for the lab results and the unloading I got to pick my banjo. They have a nice concrete wall to sit on. Blue sky, green field nearby and cool temperature made for a fine afternoon.



Nice ride back to DXI to drop off their trailer. Ran into a little bit of traffic. Bob-tailed back to the branch.

Grade: B

Brother Roop
Nov 28, 2011

Comments

  1. So, how much would a good banjo cost? My parents offered to buy me one a long time ago. I had wanted a 12 string acoustic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banjos start at $100 and can go up to a few thousand. I have a Gold Tone f150 that is a middle of the road banjo, it retails for $750. If your looking for a used one, ebay is a good site to find one. Banjos are, a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a new Master Craft banjo setup for $229, with others costing a little bit more. What looks better, a mahogany or maple banjo? I am leaning towards the mahogany, I like the look and sound of it. I might look into getting that when I get my tax return. Who gives you lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your f150 an open back or resonator style? Which is better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tim. There are many different types of banjos out there. Mine has a resonator but open backs have a nice sound as well. You just need to find one that you like the most. Its really about preference. My teacher is Wil Huckabay in LaPorte, TX. He is the best picker in this part of the country, and he only charges $25 a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, would you be willing to let me borrow your starter banjo until I can get one of my own? Or is that too much to ask...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure. That's no problem. I will leave it at Wil Huckabay's place this Saturday when I go for my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wil Huckabay's phone number is 281-543-5994.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could also pick it up at church on Sunday. Or if you email me the address I could meet you there Saturday and you could introduce me to your teacher. Not that I can afford lessons right now, but an intro would be nice. I appreciate you doing this for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, now that I know it is you sure either Saturday or Sunday which ever is better for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment