Cop on the Yard

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

Yesterday was Friday but my Septon BD load got canceled. So I because I had Friday off,  Cole called me in to work Sunday. I had to gently remind him that I do not work on the Lord's Day unless its an emergency. So he called me back to work today, which is Saturday. I had to cancel my banjo lesson I had scheduled for today.



I had 3 pre-loads out of Bayer in Baytown to do and then weigh a loaded trailer on the yard. The first one loaded at 6 in the morning which was good since we were having a safety meeting at the branch at 8 in the morning. Breakfast taco's and a La Porte DOT cop at the safety meeting.



 So loaded the first TDI trailer and got back to the branch at 7:45. Just in time to eat breakfast and take in the safety meeting. Got the other trailers loaded and got the trailer that needed to be weighed done. By that time it was a 12 hour day! Now I had to rush to Houston hospice for my volunteer work. Full day today.

Brother Roop
Dec 3, 2011

Comments

  1. Wow, that is a full day. I guess I called you in the middle of getting your full load to take back to the yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, was walking out of the shipping office and back to my big rig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I picked up the banjo it sounded like there was a loose nut rattling around in the resonator... :-(. Hey, took out the banjo and started plucking it and learned how to slide!! Some guy named rpeek on youtube had a few good tutorials. It looked like on one of his videos that he was using a USPS Priority Mail box for a substitute drum head for his banjo... ;-), The cats went nuts when I started playing and ran from the room. Gwen probably felt like doing the same thing... hehehe. I can see from the wear spots on the frets where you place your fingers the most. I'll get with you when I can take that lesson. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lot of fun. It's been making that rattle noise for years! Whatsoever it is must not be important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, let me know when I can come by and pick up that DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL... that Forward - Backward Roll was going through my mind all night last night, even in my sleep. Then this morning I got up and I was going over the music notation on Banjo in the Hollow and I discovered that the roll is supposed to be 5-2-1-5-1-2-3-1 then 4-2-1-5-1-2-3-1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha could be I just do it automatically now. To tell you I had to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, you have your muscle memory going now. Me, I'm still analyzing everything and was pouring over the music sheet and seeing what the right hand was supposed to be doing. I'll get it down and then we'll go from there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment