The Dizzy Sleeper

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had a driver trainee today.  Mike Adams called me yesterday about Theodore Smith.  Mike said that he was saying that he thought that he was ready, Mike didn't think so.  So Mike gave him to me! I have a reputation of shifting people like wheat!



He was twenty minutes late for work, but we knew he would be late so we told him to be here thirty minutes earlier then he needed to be there.  I walked into the drivers room and he was sitting in the corner half asleep.

I made him sign in and had him drive to Waller, TX, where our delivery was to be made. It took a lot of instruction to get the fittings and hoses on the container.  As soon as we got it going Teddy fell asleep in the truck.



When we unhooked he told me, "You can drive now because I am feeling dizzy!"  I asked him why he was feeling dizzy, and he said that he didn't eat anything all day.  I asked him if we need to stop and get him something to eat, and he said "yes."

So I went to the Loves truck stop and all he got was an energy drink! That told me that it was all just an excuse not to have to do anything! So I went to VLS Recovery to switch containers.



We dropped the container on the scale and pick up the loaded one.  I asked him to do a pre-trip inspection.  He walks around, kicks a few tires lightly, and then he pisses on the concrete parking lot! I just thought, what a dirty animal!  I told him to at least piss in the grass about ten feet away.  I told him that the plant employees will think that I did that!

He said that he still could not drive, I can't make him do his job, and so I did.  The whole way back he slept!  When we parked, I wrote down the whole story without withholding anything.  I hate to do that since he has four kids, but he didn't leave me much choice!

The Legend



Comments